About the Position
Within the Sample Preparation Department, the Sample Preparation Technician will work with client samples and prepare them for analysis in our labs.
- Ringing, sieving (including International Soils), crushing, splitting under direct supervision;
- Loading and unloading drying ovens under supervision;
- Maintain own production logs;
- General cleaning duties for basic lab cleanliness;
- May assists with layout duties/tasks;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Basic alpha/numeric comprehension;
- Basic English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Be cleanly-shaven in order to wear protective equipment.
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
- Ability to stand for a full shift;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.